Sunday, 8 February 2015

Hotelschool practice week 1

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about what to write in the blogpost of today, and my friend suggested me that I wrote something about my experience of the practice module in my school.

As some of you may know, I'm attending the Hotelschool in Leeuwarden. There are four modules in one year, and as a first years you have to do ten weeks of practice. You have to do two weeks of practice at each department. This week it was housekeeping!


When people talk about housekeeping they often think about cleaning rooms, but there is so much more to that! Ofcourse, I had to clean rooms. But there was also a function for cleaning other areas of the hotel and making sure that every department gets their towels. You are always in a team with one first years and a supervisor and there are supervisors who check the room just in case everything is as its supposed to be.

My experience in this department is really nice. There is a really nice atmosphere in the group and everyone helps each other. Although it's very nice, you have to work fast and hard to clean all the rooms as fast as possible. I was doubting if I would like the housekeeping department but I really like it so far. It really shows you what has to be done so that in the future, as a manager or supervisor, you know exactly what the tasks are. 

Are you attending a Hotelschool? What are your experiences?


x

Ylli

2 comments:

  1. I work in a hotel at the moment, And you are totally right about learning the different roles before taking on management! Really great post xx

    ReplyDelete